Discussion questions:______ask and answer
1. Should governments use the welfare system to encourage people to live within two
2. At what age should a son or daughter be permitted to leave home?
3. Should young people be allowed to buy contraceptives as soon as they reach puberty?
4. Should the age of consent be the same for both gays and heterosexuals?
5. Should gays and heterosexuals have the same right to join the armed forces?
6. Should abortion be available to women on demand?
7. Should euthanasia be available to people in great pain who want to die?
8. Is it possible to pass effective laws against racism?
9. Do you believe in a high tax economy (e.g. Sweden) which distributes money to
education and health or a low tax economy (e.g. the U.S.A.) where people make
private provision for good services?
10. Do you have a vision of a better society? What changes would you make?
11. Do you think genetic engineering should be used to create good citizens?
12. What do you think are the characteristics of a good member of society?