Index | Home Page | Back | Next ______Connectors
1. I could not go out last night. I was too busy.
2. I could not go with my friend. My friend went without me.
3. My friend went to the cinema to see a film. The film wasn't very good.
4. The cinema was full of people. They were all smoking.
5. I like people. I don't like smoke.
6. Do you want an orange juice? Would you like a beer?
7. It was my birthday. He didn't send me a card.
8. I didn't write to him. He didn't write to me.
Mary could not go out with me ________ I invited Anne instead. Anne
was very happy to accept my invitation __________ the film was very
Anne and I had a good time ________ next day Mary was very angry.
"Do you love me _______ do you love Anne?" she asked me.
"I like both you _______ Anne," I answered.
"Look!" said Mary. "Either you go out with me ______ you go out with Anne.
You can't love both me ________ Anne at the same time."
"Why not?" I answered.
"___________ it's not fair."
I asked Mary if she would go out with me tonight ________ she said that she
had a new boyfriend __________ didn't want to see me again ________ I
didn't really love her.
I phoned Anne ___________ she said she was busy ________ now I'm alone.