Index | Home Page | Back | Next ______Mixed verb tenses: role play - imagining you are a different person in a different place
You are a different person. You have a different country, a new nationality and a new name. Imagine you are in a different place and that you have a different occupation. You are not in the classroom. You are not a student of English. Now, ask and answer these questions:
- Where are you? [For example: in a cinema, on a mountain, at home]
- Where have you just come from? [For example: from home, from work, from the shops]
- What were you doing there? [For example: I was washing, I was typing]
- How are you feeling? [If "happy" or "sad", ask: "Why?"]
- Where are you going to next?
- What are you going to do?
- What's your nationality? [Give your new nationality]
- What's your name? [Give your new name]
- What's your marital status? [single, married, separated, divorced, widowed]
- Have you any children? [If so, what are their names and ages?]
- Who do you live with, if anybody?
- What's your job?
- What are your plans for the future?
- What are the biggest problems in your life?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Are you
- an optimist or a pessimist?
- conservative or socialist?
The teacher plans an informal party and puts some soft music on. The students circulate freely introducing themselves to the other guests, but still taking the role of another person. After ten minutes, the party comes to an end. The students report back on three people they have met, using their false or different identities.