Index | Home Page | Back | Next ______Adverbs of degree and reason - likes &
5. What type of books or films do you like?
- works of fiction or non-fiction?
- true events, biographies, stories or
- cowboy, police, crime, detective, war,
adventure, sea, horror, science fiction, space, romantic,
sex, or thrillers?
- American, British, French, Italian,
Japanese, Spanish, Taiwanese books or films?
["How often do you read / watch them?"
"What do you think about them?"]
I think [war films] are bad!
6. How much do you like them?
- very much
- a lot
- quite a lot
- not very much
- not at all
I don't like [X] as much as [Y].
I like [Y] more than [X].
7. What sort of games and hobbies do you
- tennis, ping pong, squash or badminton?
- golf, swimming, jogging or aerobics?
- pool, snooker, billiards or ten pin
- boxing, body-building, karate or judo?
- driving cars, riding motorbikes or horse-riding?
- playing cards, walking, shopping, painting
- acting, singing or photography?
["How well can you..?" "How
often do you..?" "How much do you like them?" ]
8. What sort of men and women do you like?
- tall, short, of medium height, fat, slim,
of medium build?
- hard-working or lazy?
- noisy or quiet?
- happy or serious?
- extrovert or introvert?
- casual or well-dressed?
- rich or poor?
- strong or weak?
- practical, clever, intelligent or academic?
- active or lively?
- professional, working-class or middle-class?
- musical, romantic, imaginative, artistic?
- untidy or well-organized?
- handsome, good-looking or beautiful?
[ "Why do you like them?"
Because they are ........ Because I like people who are .....]