Multiple Choice Placement Test
Click HERE to try the interactive vesion (parts 1 & 2) of a similar test and to get your score!
DO NOT WRITE ON THIS QUESTION PAPER.
PLEASE WRITE ON THE ANSWER SHEET.
MARK YOUR CHOICE A B C D
WITH A CROSS =.............. X
First write your name & country on your answer sheet.
1. There isn't ______ butter in the fridge.
A) any B) some C) the D) a
2. These people ______ to the theatre this evening.
A) has gone B) are going C) is going D) goes
3. See me in my office ______ Monday morning.
A) on B) in C) the D) at
4. I can sell you some oranges but only _______ .
A) little B) few C) a little D) a few
5. Thank you for letting me _____ the car?
A) to take B) taken C) take D) taking
6. Susan came top in the examination because she worked _______ .
A) excellent B) hardly C) hard D) good
7. "They love English food, _______ ?"
A) aren't they B) don't they C) isn't it D) are they
8. It has been 3 years since I last ______ English.
B) have studied
C) was studying
D) have been studying
9. The President is said ______ South Africa next year.
A) to visit
B) to be visiting
C) that he will visit
D) to have visited
10. If she had got up earlier, she _______ late for school.
A) mightn't have been
B) wouldn't be
C) can't have been
D) shouldn't be
11. I regretted my mistake. It was one which I ______.
A) ought not to be making
B) mustn't make
C) ought not to have made
D) had not to make
12. He certainly wouldn't like ______ in such bad company.
A) to have seen
B) to be seeing
C) to see
D) to be seen